Ms. Laser is a seasoned business litigator with extensive expertise in handling all types of business disputes including complex contract litigation, tortious interference and misappropriation of trade secrets litigation, consumer class actions (including ADA, false advertisement and unfair competition claims), real estate, antitrust and other commercial litigation in both state and federal courts. Ms. Laser represents a wide range of clients, which include a national grocery retailer, a publicly-traded real estate firm, a private equity firm, entertainment companies, real estate investors and other businesses and individuals. For over twelve years, Ms. Laser practiced general commercial litigation at O'Melveny & Myers LLP, in its Century City office, and for two years at Boren, Osher & Luftman, LLP. Prior to joining O'Melveny & Myers, Ms. Laser clerked for the Honorable Ferdinand F. Fernandez at the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Representative matters include:
- Representing Trader Joe's in various individual and class actions involving unfair business practices, tortious interference, ADA, First Amendment and Prop. 65 claims; second-chairing a jury trial that lead to non-liability verdict named one of the Top 10 Defense Verdicts of 2007 by the Daily Journal.
- Representing Clarity Partners, a private equity firm, and other private equity firms in several litigation matters involving portfolio companies.
- Representing a publicly-traded real estate firm in a variety of disputes with commercial tenants.
- Representing real estate investors in litigations arising from purchases of real estate and real estate based securities and loans; second-chairing a 4-week jury trial that resulted in a multi-million dollar verdict for plaintiffs-investors.
- Representing companies in disputes involving misappropriation of trade secrets and breaches of employment agreements by former executives.
- Representing a major motion picture studio in a class action involving unfair business practices and breach of warranty claims.
- Representing a national bank in an action for wrongful conversion of funds; trying the case as lead counsel and recovering $1 million in damages.
Ms. Laser earned her J.D. from Loyola Law School where she graduated summa cum laude and first in the class of 400 students. While in law school, Ms. Laser was a Fritz B. Burns Scholar, a Dean's Scholar, a member of St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, and Senior Note & Comment Editor of Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review. Ms. Laser also earned a Bachelor of Science degree, summa cum laude, in Business Finance from the University of Southern California.
Ms. Laser has traveled extensively throughout Europe and Asia and speaks fluent Italian and Russian.
- Jennifer Laser and Carla J. Christofferson, Minding The Store: There are clear limits to the rights of activists on private retail property, Los Angeles Lawyer, June 2012, at 28.
- James Bo Pearl and Jennifer Laser, Pricing Conduct Beyond The Safe Harbor, Law360, July 29, 2010.