Julie J. Roback began her career at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where she worked from 1994 until 1998. From 1998 until 2000 she was an associate at Diamond & Ostrow LLP. She is currently Senior Counsel with Valle Makoff.
Ms. Roback has more than 20 years of business, commercial and employment litigation experience. Over the years, Ms. Roback has been involved in matters such as:
- Obtaining a $2 million arbitration award on behalf of Taco Bell Corp.in a breach of contract dispute.
- Obtaining nearly $2 million jury verdict on behalf of former executive against visual effects firm based on wrongful termination and breach of contract.
- Successfully settling multi-million dollar dispute between private equity firm and former employee.
- Obtaining settlement on behalf of Ernst Paul Lehman Patentwerk, a model train manufacturer, in a false advertising and breach of contract lawsuit.
- Defending City National Bankin a lawsuit alleging sex and race discrimination.
- Defending Pacific Shore Fundingin a lawsuit alleging sexual harassment and gender discrimination.
- Negotiating increased salary and back-pay package pursuant to Equal Pay Act on behalf of long-term salesperson at Fortune 500 company.
- Obtaining both Workplace Violence and Domestic Violence Restraining Orders.
- Successfully settling dispute on behalf of real estate developers against former owner of property.
Ms. Roback received her J.D. in 1994 from Loyola University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois, where she received two American Jurisprudence Awards and finished in the top ten percent of her class. Ms. Roback received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1991 from the University of Michigan.