Susan Klein has represented clients for more than 30 years in a wide range of business, entertainment and employment litigation matters, including partnership and private equity disputes, fraud and other business torts, and copyright and trademark actions.
Ms. Klein joined Valle Makoff from The Walt Disney Company where she was Vice President-Counsel in the litigation department. During her more than 18 years at Disney, Ms. Klein handled litigation and related matters involving Disney’s diverse entertainment and media operations which include theme parks and resorts, motion pictures and television shows, consumer products, retail stores, internet offerings and cable networks.
In 2005, 2006 and 2007, Ms. Klein was named a Southern California “Super Lawyer” by Los Angeles Magazine. This designation results from an evaluation process based on peer recognition of outstanding professional achievement.
Ms. Klein began her legal career in the Los Angeles office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP where she worked in the litigation department from 1984 until 1988, handling intellectual property, franchise, entertainment, securities, antitrust and general business litigation matters.
Ms. Klein earned her J.D. in 1984 from the University of California at Berkeley (“Boalt Hall”). She received her A.B. degree in Political Science, with distinction, from Stanford University, in 1980.
Active in pro bono matters, Ms. Klein was a member of the Executive Committee and served on the Board of Directors of the Western Center on Law and Poverty and on the Board of Directors of the Women Lawyers' Association of Los Angeles. Ms. Klein also served on the Board of Directors of Planned Parenthood Los Angeles.
Examples of clients Ms. Klein has represented include:
- American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
- Estee Lauder Companies
- Pepsico, Inc.
- Taco Bell Corp.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- The Walt Disney Company
- Zenith Insurance Company
Examples of matters Ms. Klein has handled include:
- Prospect Park Networks, LLC v. American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
- Broadstream Capital Partners v. Penthouse Media Group, Inc.
- Minakshi Jafa-Bodden v. Bikram Choudhury, et. al.
- The Walt Disney Company v. Angelo Scrigna, et. al.
- Duncan Lindsey Ph.D. v. Elsevier, Inc.
- The Collection At Downtown Burbank Property Owners' Assoc. v GPI Burbank Collection, LLC
- Orlandic v. Valeant Pharmaceuticals International
- Zenith Insurance Company v. Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company, et. al.